Sample / Couture & Bespoke Bridal Machinist & Fitter
Up to £45k
At Create, we are working with Luxury Women’s Couture & Bespoke Bridal company. They create the most stunning cocktail dresses, structured gowns and long sleeve designer dresses using intricate embroidery, textured and statement sleeves. They are currently looking looking for senior sample machinist & strong fitter, who has strong bridal & couture bespoke skills to support our growing team within the Atelier on a full-time basis.
You will work across multiple product categories & seasons throughout the calendar year, creating sample garments, bridal gowns, RTW and special occasion outfits etc.
You will work closely with garment technologists, our inhouse machinists & store consultants, communicating clearly and efficiently, ensuring all garments have the desired finishing & are to the specifications requested.
Ability to work individually & within a team environment is essential.
You will need experience of working within a fast-paced environment, ensuring deadlines are met to deliver high quality garments.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Produce first samples with high finishing techniques and skills.
- Work closely with the pattern cutters and workroom manager to maintain sampling standards.
- Advise the product developer, pattern cutters of potential construction problems.
- Ensure all products are always made to the highest quality.
- Alter all types of women’s clothing including Bridal Dresses
- Following quality control guidelines and inspect all garments to verify pristine condition before final delivery to client.
- Weekly instore fittings with RTW, VIC, VIP clients
- Be highly presentable in store on fitting days – wearing store uniform.
- When fitting, take notes and photos of client alterations required. Be clear & precise in your communicating.
- Liaison with the Head of MTO, MTMB for fitting days, being prepared prior to each fitting.
- Ensure the alterations room is consistently maintained in a clean, well-organised manner.
- Press, steam, and spot clean garments/merchandise where necessary
- Quality control & inspect all garments to verify pristine condition on shop floor & before final delivery to client.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Store Management on the days you are in the store. For example: extra quality checks on production that arrives
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experienced sample machinist with excellent sewing skills, who can work a garment from start to finish.
- You will have extensive garment construction knowledge.
- Knowledge of how to handle luxury fabrics, specifically Silk Twill, Double Satin, Silk Satin, Chiffon, Crepe and Lace
- Knowledge of lace applique to delegate veiling
- Have a great handle for fabrics when sewing and achieve the utmost highest quality possible
- Excellent understanding of fit and garment construction
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines and being able to multitask across changing priorities.
- Flexibility required at peak times to manage workload. (During Fashion Weeks, Rush Bridal orders, Oscars, summer circuit events)
- A team player with great interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise communicator with product developers, pattern makers & Head of Atelier
- Keep a calm and positive attitude and work hard to fulfil the company’s needs.
- That person should also have extensive experience working in a Luxury Womenswear company that does RTW, Bridal, Made to Order/to Measure and Bespoke.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience working with bridal wear or couture & high-end luxury womenswear product.
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Donna@createrec.co.uk.