Salary around £35K
Create have teamed with the Global specialists in the design, manufacture and distribution of corporate clothing, They are currently recruiting for a highly experienced Designer.
There expertise lies in offering a bespoke, tailored and personal service. The customers are at the heart of the business, They supply over 36 blue chip clients across many different market sectors including Hotel & Leisure; Hospitality; Beauty; Travel and Retail.
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for understanding the Wearer Driven Design Process, to take and interpret a Creative Design Brief from the client and translate it into brand-building CLOTHES for REAL PEOPLE at WORK.
To effectively create business value for our clients through enhanced wearer well-being, productivity and brand expression, by designing a uniform that both fits; is fit for purpose and commercially viable.
To embed SUSTAINABILITY as a core strategic component and capability of the [jSD] Design Department. By understanding and implementing the positive impact of sustainable design on every aspect of the Life Cycle of Clothes at Work and their end of life deconstruction.
1. Working with the Sales and Client Services Teams to ensure awareness and understanding of all potential tenders and their relative position in the new business / retender pipeline.
2. Attend (pre-tender / tender) client meetings with Sales and Client Service Team, to ask questions and obtain all relevant information in order to establish a creative design brief that includes the client’s needs and commercial requirements.
3. Conduct fully immersive research into the brand, job roles and wearers, including competitor research, in order to fully understand both the REAL PEOPLE at work and the WORK they do. This includes site visits, staff engagement sessions / focus groups and on the job shadowing etc.
4. Guided by the Head of Design; responsible for designing the uniform, to fully interpret the clients brief. Including; All branding (print, embroidery, woven labels, tax tabs etc), accessories, bespoke fabrics / trims and the approval of stock items, as and if required.
5.Provide full concept illustrations / colour and mood boards, to visually present and communicate an understanding of the clients brief and brand, and the interpretation of these requirements into actual designs relevant to each wearer job role.
6. Responsible for presenting the designs to the client, (with the sales / client services team)
7.Manage a handover of the designs to Pattern cutters; Product Development; Garment Techs,
• Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience
• Background in men’s and ladies multi products – tailoring, soft wovens and jersey
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Comprehensive illustrator and photoshop skills
• Good fabric knowledge a strong advantage
• Highly organised to manage multiple projects at any one time.
• Excellent presentation skills – you will be presenting your design illustrations and mood boards to in-house teams and directly to the clients.
• Understanding of product development process
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude and fast and flexible thinking
• 3D garment design
• Adobe illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Acrobat
• Microsoft 365 – excel, word, PowerPoint, outlook
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV and portfolio to Donna@createrec.co.uk