General Manager – Luxury bridal and eveningwear store
OTE approx. £75k
Create have teamed with an award-winning luxury Bridal and Evening wear designer with a flagship store in Knightsbridge, London, established for over 30 years.
They are currently recruiting for an exceptional General Manager to head up there specialty retail business.
Due to their continued growth, they are now looking to recruit a key player to join our senior management team, to manage overall operations and particularly to oversee our production and office facility in the UK (Near Grantham, Lincs) where the objective is to not only grow the business but to ensure it is achieved with “on time” delivery of each and every garment, meeting stringent quality control standards.
This is therefore an exciting opportunity where you can play a significant role in the development of our small dynamic company, growing our current product range around the world as well as introducing new product ranges.
Typically, you will most likely live within an hour’s drive from Grantham (NG32 1HQ), be degree (or professionally) educated, naturally have an eye for detail and have the following career experience:
- Garment production
- Accounting or operational finance
- Customer account management
- Wholesale, supply chain, logistics, import and export
- Wider business management including planning and systems
- Staff management, leadership & motivation
- Production (oversee production manager and team), including supplier relationships, purchasing and negotiating raw materials, planning & prioritising, systems & processes, stock control, cutting, trimming, pattern work, sewing and production efficiencies. Outworker relationships, including prices and quality and shipping, import and export.
- Creative (oversee the creative / sample room manager), digitising patterns, absorption of new styles into production, toiles and pattern work, cutting, trimming, sewing and production of “special orders”.
- Quality control (oversee the QC manager), ensuring on time delivery at required quality standards.
- Staff relationships (motivation & quality of work). Internal communications
- Setting departmental objectives and managing performance
- Making sure we keep great relationships with our staff, customers & suppliers.
- Plan activity for growth worldwide and capture new sales accounts (with wholesale sales manager)
- Organising and attending trade shows (3 or 4 pa)
- Accounting (oversee management accountant) including pricing and cash management
- Setting and achievement of growth strategy
- Reporting to and working closely with the MD
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary pa:- £50,000 to £75,000 basic (according to experience)
- Profit Share – Formula to be agreed but we would expect the achievable quantum following 12 months, to be 25% of salary, subject to pre-agreed targets being achieved.
- Pension The company will contribute 3% of base salary.
- Holiday 25 days (plus bank holidays). Majority of holiday to be taken at quieter periods, i.e. October to March.
- Some UK and overseas travel and occasional weekend working (trade shows)
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Sorcha@createrec.co.uk.