Senior Garment Technologist
Create have teamed up with an iconic Luxury Fashion brand who’s collections are adored by countless celebrities. They are currently seeking a Senior Garment Technologist to be responsible for on time delivery of all seasonal RTW bulk garment approvals, ensuring that the garments are to company quality standards, meeting business targets to manage design aesthetic, overall margins, budgets, and critical path. To have global overview of the garment comment process from SMS to final bulk approval, in conjunction with the PD & Production team. Continual communication is required to ensure overall collection & production critical path is adhered to. To work across all ready-to-wear collections, including retailer exclusives, pre, show, bridal, couture and any other ad hoc projects.
- Being the primary category contact for manufacturers during collection and production for fit, construction and quality.
- Ensure that the quality and performance standards are understood, met and kept consistent across manufacturers and product ranges.
- Create detailed technical pack specifications for factories to following during collection & production, to ensure garments conform to required aesthetic, construction and finishing.
- Log in garment and required target measurements within tech packs at all stages of the garment (SMS, PPS, BULK) and maintain grading/sizing rules, to ensure garments adhere to requested fit and production standards.
- Attend all fit meetings and document concise SMS handover, PPS and Size set comments
- Communicate detailed fit, quality and construction comments and requirements to suppliers
- Work closely with the Design, Development and Production teams to ensure products are risk assessed in a timely manner, on fabric and product level.
- Ensure seasonal Critical path dates are respected and immediately flag delays with any of the teams.
- Conduct product reviews in line with competitors fit and quality standards.
- Communicate fluidly, transparently and collaborate with ease.
- Responsible for daily management of any work placement students within the Technical team for docket building, measuring and tech team admin.
Technical management on collection & production:
- Create detailed technical packs, with accurate measurement and manufacturing specifications for all CMT and Fully factored product.
- Check patterns where needed, costing sheet, production notes and development samples for CMT product.
- Requirements and flag pattern discrepancies to the factories.
- Prepare all relevant spec work for special processes (pleating/print lay-plans etc.)
- Measure development samples, annotate discrepancies and prepare them for factory reference
- Ensure dockets and patterns are completed ahead of pre-production launch
- Flagging, communicating and documenting any discrepancies/changes to Product Costings to the production department.
- Sit in handover & production fittings, before pre-production process starts, and advise any comments where needed, and make note of it.
- Measure all samples from factory before production fittings.
- Concisely present all measurement and manufacturing discrepancies to the team during fits (production handover or PPS fits)
- Record fit notes concisely during each fit session, making them accessible to the team.
- Assess PPS manufacturing discrepancies/issues to propose better solutions for bulk
- Conduct thorough analysis of PPS for fit, construction, measurements and grading approval.
- Conduct and manage quality control on size sets in line with delivery deadlines for CMT and Fully factored product, together with production department.
- Set up and complete QC reports to document sizing and quality assessment of product.
- Resolve and advise to any issues that may occur during bulk production, always ensuring that product standards are maintained.
- Urgently flag to Production Manager if product is not compliant with set standards
- Advise on specific packaging requirements and labelling placement when necessary.
- Check whether packaging, care label, disclaimers have been followed by factories on size sets.
- Build relationships with manufacturers with on site visits and work with them to benefit the overall finish of brand product.
- Make and manage a technical handbook for the business, and make sure this is updated during each season. This includes company standards, such as lengths, fits, technical finishing’s, placement of labels,…
- Manage the company standard fit and body measurement chart, making sure all factories are aware and adhering to these standards.
- Manage the company standard grading chart, making sure all factories are aware and adhering to these standards.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of Garment Technology experience
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in Garment Technology / Pattern cutting or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good knowledge of garment construction methods and manufacturing sewing operations, including pattern making, grading and marking processes
- A working knowledge of materials, technical fabrics and functional aspects of garments
- Strong organizational skills to provide well documented products, thorough specifications and meet deadlines
- Experience working with factories overseas and an understanding of constraints and
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Ability to anticipate technical problems, and to plan and implement corrective action plan
- Ability and enthusiasm to grow and adapt within a fast-growing business
- Ability to work under pressure to meet key deadlines
- Attention to detail essential
- An understanding and appreciation for luxury apparel
- IT skills: MS Office mandatory
- Fluent in English, second language desirable
If you are interested in this role please submit your up to date cv.
Unfortunately, due to high volume of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted on this occasions.
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Sorcha@createrec.co.uk.