Gerber Pattern Cutter
Create have partnered with a couture bridal and evening wear designer that has become the market leader in their industry for 30 years. By creating timeless hand crafted bespoke Made to Measure/Order bridal and evening wear across the United Kingdom, they have become known for their effortlessly glamourous and timeless collections.
Each gown is made to ensure the luxurious fabric moves and dances with your silhouette, creating impactful moments all night long.
They are currently on the look out for a dedicated, commercially minded Garment Technician/ Pattern Cutter grader, with a proven record in delivering successful results. The brand, and luxury flagship store, is acknowledged as being at the very pinnacle of this prestigious, fashionable and uniquely luxurious environment, making flawless customer service paramount.
Key Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of garment construction, pattern cutting, fitting, and grading
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Garment Technologist
- At least 5 years experience of Pattern making CAD/CAM systems, Gerber would be a distinct advantage
- Manual pattern cutting to an above average standard
- Experience of corsetry/intimate apparel desirable
- Good understanding of different sewing techniques and garment construction.
- Ability to communicate with people of all backgrounds both internally and externally
- Ability to plan own workload, recognising priorities in relation to the smooth and efficient function of the overall business
- Computer literacy on Microsoft packages
- Relevant industry qualification
- Understanding of testing, analysing test reports and garment care
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and assertiveness when communicating technical requirements, both internally and externally
- Well organized, able to work to tight deadlines and excellent communication skills- written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
About the role:
- Develop new style patterns to the point of sign off for production.
- Produce graded MTM patterns for each client using a Gerber CAD /CAM system
- Adjust pattern post toile fitting either manually or on Gerber CAD/CAM/
- Provide technical support to all areas of the production department.
- Work with design department to receive information for new collections each season, helping find the best ways to create the collection taking into account costs and margins.
- Ensure style packs and pattern charts are detailed as required and accurate to the gown.
- Liaise with machinists to monitor, maintain, and improve standards of quality and resolve any pattern issues.
- Quality control of garments during high output periods and to cover holidays and sickness.
- Required to do one day a week in store, in Lincolnshire.
Unfortunately, due to high volume of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted on this occasions.
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com