Junior Womenswear Designer
Up to £33K
Create have teamed up with a Luxury contemporary fashion house who are seeking a Junior Womenswear Designer. As the Junior Womenswear Designer, you will work directly with the Creative Director and Senior Designer across all stages of the Design process. You will have ownership of one or more categories, as well as being involved in all aspects of the whole Design Process for each collection. The right candidate will have a strong background in Contemporary or Luxury Design, as well as excellent Photoshop/Illustrator skills.
You will work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to take part as a member of a small team, and a passion for your work is key. This is a Diverse role with requiring a 360° perspective on the Design Process.
The Brand’s Range is expanding, and as a result they are looking for people interested in, but not limited to, the below categories:
- Women’s RTW, Pre and Show collections
- Swim and Resort-wear
– You will be responsible for designing a part of the the brands range, involved in all aspects of the Design Process, with the ability to approach this from a 360° perspective
- – Working directly with the Creative Director and Senior Designer to consistently develop and build on the brands collection
- – Designing part of the range, responsible for the creation, development, and execution of your designs.
- – Carry out research and design development based on the decided Direction for each collection and ensuring that Junior/Assistant Designers are aware of this.
- – Collaborate with Product Development team to ensure that all styles are briefed out to factories via Tech Packs
- – Involved in the development of fabrications and Prints.
- – Work collaboratively in fittings with Garment Technician and Product Development teams to ensure that all Design amends are communicated accurately.
- – Work with Design team to create accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups of all styles
- – Working with the Creative Director & Design team to evolve and expand the growing self-portrait range to ensure it reflects the needs of the customer and the ever-changing market.
- – Collaborating with the wider Self-Portrait team to ensure that all styles are fit for purpose.
- – Work collaboratively with the merchandising team to plan and finalise the collection
- – Analysing historic sales data to develop understanding of customer need.
- – Involvement in pre-Show/Lookbook preparation
- -Motivate, encourage, and monitor the creative team’s research and creative ideas
- – BA or equivalent qualification in a fashion related subject
- – Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- -Experience with communicating with overseas Production/Factories
- – A positive can-do attitude, and ability to work independently as well as to embrace teamwork
- -Awareness of the full scope of the Design Process – from initial research to final Press sample stage
- – Some experience with Print and Fabric Design / willingness to contribute to this
- – Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple tasks
- – Interest in fashion, and a good understanding of the feminine/contemporary aesthetic
If you are interested in this role please submit your up to date cv including some and some examples of your designs.
Unfortunately, due to high volume of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted on this occasions.
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Sorcha@createrec.co.uk.