Senior Creative Tailoring Pattern Cutter – Luxury
Up to 70k
Create have teamed with a well known brand who offer innovative design, elevated essentials and wardrobe icons, this brand is a fashion brand rooted in contemporary culture. From the beginning, their design ethos has always put lasting style, quality and sustainability first. Today 92% of the materials in their collection are more sustainably sourced and they are now looking for a Senior Creative Tailoring Pattern Cutter to join their LRTW team on a full time Permanent contract.
As the Senior Creative Pattern Cutter, you secure the best patterns and fits for the brand and their customers, having a clear vision while having the customer in mind. You are constantly seeking new developments and silhouettes. You will collaborate with relevant functions in the Buying Office team, contributing to an efficient workflow and work towards the long and short term goals.
What you will do:
- Drive creativity for your department by proposing new techniques, technology, details, and silhouettes.
- Working closely with machinist to develop proto-types.
- Support the creation of high-quality patterns, fit, mock-ups, toiles and samples.
- Create detailed and accurate patterns, having a good eye for detail, proportion and fit.
- Liaise with the designers and design team to produce patterns which are true to the designers vision, from sketch to final sample.
- Co-create with the designers to realise the look through draping, manual pattern cutting and other creative solutions.
- Liaise in detail with machinist, Pattern Cutters and the Garment Tech teams.
- You will lead fittings and help to define our fit.
- Responsible to create first patterns through flat pattern cutting and drape.
- Advising on appropriate finishes and construction techniques in order to keep the quality levels high.
- Create and alter sophisticated patterns, applying knowledge of different fabrics, fusible, canvases and lining constructions.
- Drive projects for your department, delegate and follow up.
Alignment to their company values is the most important characteristic they look for in all new joiners. Their values are the behaviours that they appreciate above and beyond anything else. They are open-minded and curious, dare to be different, and believe in constant improvement whilst empowering and trusting you to take ownership. Their values are part of who they are, what they stand for and how they act.
In addition to their values for this role they are also looking for:
- Senior experience in a similar Creative Pattern Cutter role
- Working within an Atelier for luxury markets essential
- Portfolio with clear focus on tailoring and constructed garments.
- Genuine interest and passion for the brands womenswear.
- Proven ability to lead and a inspire team.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent eye for detail, shape, and proportion.
The client loves welcoming new people and works hard to provide an environment where everyone feels appreciated and valued. They celebrate individual differences and recognise the contribution that all their colleagues make, regardless of their background.
When you first join the team, you will have a full introduction, excellent training, and a team that will support you during your first days, weeks and months. In addition to this you will also receive lots of fantastic benefits including.
- 25 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- 25% Staff Discount
- Annual Health Checks
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
If this role interests you, please send your CV over to email@example.com
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE LUXURY EXPERIENCE.
Please note that due to the high volume of candidates only suitable candidates will be responded too.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop existing skills. If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Sorcha@createrec.co.uk.