Menswear Tailor Luxury
Rate depending on exp
6 Month FTC
At Create, we are working with an award winning, leading designer in East London who is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Menswear Saville Row Tailor. The successful candidate must be highly skilled at creating garments from scratch with the pattern cutters, as well as through to alterations. This is a great opportunity for experienced tailors to work with one of London’s top house hold names.
How you will contribute?
- Creating garments using high end tailoring sewing skills and finishing techniques (pieces for fittings, final pieces for look book or show, pieces for VIP, also toiles, trials and mock ups).
- Manipulating a variety of fabrics, strong focus on woven (tailoring, shirts, trousers and outerwear) but also denim and jersey.
- Fittings for bespoke garments including taking measurements and completing alterations, resolving any issues with the make-up of garments.
- Ensure all finished garments are completed to the highest quality and within the time expectations.
Working on our RTW Pre and Main/Show collections, and special projects
- Supporting on the Design team on shoots.
Who you are?
- Previous experience as a tailor within a Luxury Atelier is desirable (menswear or womenswear).
- Strong and confident tailoring skills using canvas.
Confident in Flou.
Strong machine and hand stitching skills, with an eye for detail and perfection.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of garment construction.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Independent, adaptable, fast & proactive, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic & Passionate.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop existing skills. If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.