Our client is an award winning luxury designer, based in London specialising in contemporary mens and womens ready to wear. They are currently looking for a Footwear Product Developer to support the team.
For this role it is essential that you are an experienced Footwear Product Developer with luxury and contemporary products. Due to expansion of the team in London this role has become available with an immediate start.
.• Work closely with design and development team to drive process from sketch to finished product.
• Manage seasonal overview set up and PLM system seasonally.
• Help create and adhere to seasonal development calendar.
• Action all proto and SMS requests whilst tracking invoices and managing budget.
• Managing the daily contact with new and existing suppliers and factories.
• Sharing progress on deadlines, product and pricing with the development manager and designer to creatively resolve issues where needed.
• Lead the technical section of proto fittings. Ensuring all fit comments, sample feedback and technical instructions are passed onto the suppliers.
• Using technical knowledge to provide suggestions to suppliers to resolve pricing/fitting/proto issues.
• Confidently contribute in-depth pricing understanding throughout the process.
• Set the footwear quality and fitting standards.
• Measuring and noting all fitting model measurements.
• Lead the pre-production fittings and noting all comments ensuring comments do not negatively impact the critical path.
• Liaising with the production department to help facilitate required ex-factory dates
• Work with multiple departments to understand the footwear sustainability requirements and sales feedback.
• Spoken and Written Italian & English (Italian not essential)
• 5-8 years experience
• Excellent knowledge of materials, components, processes and concepts
Technical expertise in developing a wide range of shoe styles, specifically formal shoes and sneakers.
Proven experience of working with a mix of suppliers based in Asia and Europe.
• Close relationship to the product
• Used to fast paced, dynamic way of working
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com.