Pattern Manager – Luxury
Up to 80k
Create have teamed with a well known brand who offer innovative design, elevated essentials and wardrobe icons, this brand is a fashion brand rooted in contemporary culture. From the beginning, their design ethos has always put lasting style, quality and sustainability first. Today 92% of the materials in their collection are more sustainably sourced.
As the Pattern Manager, you secure the best fits for this clients customers, leading and developing the Pattern Team with a clear vision while having the customer in mind. You are constantly seeking new developments within the industry, keeping up to date with new programs, techniques and finishes to support your team. You will collaborate with relevant functions in the BO/PO team, contributing to an efficient and informative workflow and operate towards the long and short term goals.
What you will do:
- Set visions and targets for your teams patterns, analysing and guiding the team with regular updates while considering a strong customer focus
- Lead and grow your Pattern Team to grow the business, guiding through the whole employee life cycle (recruitment, performance, appraisal, reward, development, exits)
- Responsible for Grading updates, Castor/Lectra licenses, Dress-stand orders, and supporting the team with block developments
- Work closely with Design, Buying, Production and Quality, to reach the ideal product demands and provide feedback
- Guide, involve, inspire, and develop your Pattern Team, motivating and challenging them to act with competence, confidence, and bravery to reach high quality pattern standards
- Practice good time management within your department to deliver patterns in order to meet OPD deadlines
- Attend fit meetings regularly to keep up-to-date with the collection and to increase the quality of meetings
- Take product decisions, and seek team improvements for next season
- Evaluate your department’s success with a consistent follow-up mentality
- Follow company Rules and Product sheets and make sure all teams are trained and up-to-date
- Analyse and react on sales by attending sales meetings
- Manage workflow and book freelancers for busy periods
- Manage special projects and make sure sample room is set up to cope with high workload
Alignment to the company values is the most important characteristic they look for in all new joiners. Their values are the behaviours that we appreciate above and beyond anything else. This client is open-minded and curious, and dare to be different, they believe in constant improvement and they empower and trust you to take ownership. Their values are part of who they are, what they stand for and how they act.
In addition to their values for this role they are also looking for:
- Previous experience as a Pattern Manager working across multiple product groups.
- Excellent leadership skills with proven ability managing a team.
- Experience liaising with global production offices
- Genuine interest and passion for womenswear
- CAD experience essential, Lectra and CLO preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting skills.
- Ability to identify problems and take responsibility to find solutions.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
This client loves welcoming new people and works hard to provide an environment where everyone feels appreciated and valued. They celebrate individual differences and recognise the contribution that all their colleagues make, regardless of their background.
When you first join the team, you will have a full introduction, excellent training, and a team that will support you during your first days, weeks and months. In addition to this you will also receive lots of fantastic benefits including.
- 25% Staff Discount
- 25 days holiday
- Annual Health Checks
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
If this role interests you, please send your CV over to email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of candidates only suitable candidates will be responded too.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop existing skills. If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Sorcha@createrec.co.uk.