This award winning luxury designer, based in East London, are looking for a tailoring and draping pattern cutter to join the team on a full time freelance basis. They currently working from their studio in a Covid secure manor.
This job will be working at a quick pace alongside the designers and machinists. You must have luxury and tailoring experience and will also learn a huge amount working closely with the Studio Manager. The role entails working on the infamous tailoring shapes, as well as creatively draping new and adventurous styles on the stand.
You would be working from vintage pictures/sketches to create patterns, they are looking for someone who is specifically strong with draping as well as tailoring.
This position has an immediate start and needs flexibility with hours, due to busy periods.
• Ability to create original shapes and be interested in pushing the boundaries of traditional garment construction and bring it to another level where necessary
• Tailoring experience is essential for this position
• Strong garment construction skills required in the case where it needs to be applied
• Ability to support with fittings and work well with the team to make alterations
• Creative thinking to textile experiments and garment constructions
• Strong communication skills
• Highly organised personality
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com.