Create have teamed up with a bold and elegant, RTW fashion house based in East London. They are looking for someone to manage the end to end development of the RTW and Accessories collections. To lead and motivate the Product Development team in all aspects of product innovation, quality and calendar. Reporting into Development and Production Director.
• Engage and motivate the development team to deliver luxury level product.
• Create and maintain the yearly calendar for both the design and development departments
• Creation and management of the seasonal critical path for each developed style, booking spaces with manufacturers for sample making and providing target prices. • Establishing strong relationships with existing suppliers as well as sourcing new options as required.
• Following the development of mid to high complexity styles within the range from initial design allocation through to production sign off.
• Creating new products accurately in Zedonk software
• Establish and drive ongoing production quality standards
• Participation in SMS review w/ design and technical, working with development to ensure consistencies are kept throughout the collection and production feasibilities are considered.
• Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement from show samples to production.
• Participation in hand over meetings of styles and raw materials to production.
• Seasonal management of sealing process to required production critical path.
• Involvement in bespoke, VIP, client orders and special projects as required.
• Train and mentor team members, developing consistency of work at all team levels.
• Identify and implement efficient ways of working.
• Manage performance reviews and objective setting for all team members.
• Develop development strategy and priorities for business leads.
Measures of success:
• Product elevation for fit and quality.
• Delivered improved margins due to product engineering.
• Improved sealing dates due to efficiencies in ways of working.
• Training and development of junior team members.
• Build a high performance team.
• Degree level or similar
• 3+ years of experience within Product Development at luxury positioning
• Good knowledge of garment construction, raw materials and components
• Organised, efficient and critical path focused
• PLM / PDM experience would be an advantage + MS office skills
• Initiative and drive
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Analytical and problem solving
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Sorcha@createrec.co.uk.