My client is a London based swimwear brand hailing back to 1984 when The Original Crinkle was born. Since 2015 they have taken the swimwear industry by storm with our UK based production and ethical workforce. They are proud to be a small but dynamic team based in Central London. Every team member is an important part of the business, and we are all working towards a common goal.
As our Technical Product Developer, you will be reporting into our Production Manager, working very closely with the production teams. This is a great opportunity for someone with a technical background looking for a hands-on role.
– Assist the team with the development of new collections: pattern cutting new shapes and coordinating samples with the in-house studio.
– Working to the critical path requirements and deadlines, stringently planning to ensure required outcomes are achieved to plan.
– Management of tech packs for new styles including consumptions and construction notes.
– Working alongside the production coordinator to develop CADs into samples and manage the end-to-end sample process.
– Consistently reviewing product feedback with the team and updating any existing tech packs within the collections.
– Organising seasonal fit meetings, alongside the production team to work on new collections and update any existing pieces.
– Working alongside the production and wholesale teams to arrange samples for shoots/new markets etc.
– Build and maintain strong working relationships with our suppliers.
– Support with QC of production orders
– Source new suppliers alongside production co-ordinator ahead of product development and markets to facilitate product expansion.
– Preparing all BOM information for factory partners.
– Pre seasonal trend research and mood board creation alongside Production Co-ordinator to present to the Creative Director: Identifying trends and design direction, develop & communicate colour palettes and concept/mood boards to senior management each season.
– At least 3 years of experience in a product development role (or similar)
– Relevant degree
– Strong knowledge of women’s swimwear and knit garments is essential.
– A genuine love for the brand & understanding of our mission and brand vision.
– Competent IT/CAD skills (Illustrator and Excel)
– Confident working independently with fittings, patterns, and measurements
– The ability to adapt to changing environments and reprioritise tasks quickly.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to follow critical paths.
– Strong project management skills and knowledge of production and development timelines
– Previous experience of Zedonk would be preferred but not essential.
Due to the evolving nature of the organisation, this job description is not exhaustive. While this job description will be reviewed and updated periodically, the job holder may from time to time be required to carry out tasks which are not detailed in this document.
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Sorcha@createrec.co.uk.