Freelance Couture Seamstress
South West London
Up to £22 per hour
COUTURE SAMPLE MACHINIST
We are currently working with a world renowned couture fashion designer, based in South London. They are looking for an experienced couture seamstress to support their team with their exclusive made to measure orders.
The ideal candidates will have experience working within a couture environment, with vast knowledge of how to work with delicate fabrics, complex designs and intricate embroideries within Luxury/Couture/Bridal brands.
About the role…
• Experienced in making highly specialised garments, which can be altered during fitting appointments (For example, adjustable linings).
• High end luxury finishing techniques and sewing skills, including hand sewing, lace manipulation, applique, sewing with sequins, crystals and embroideries
• Ability to control fabric and create various hem finishes,
• Ability to read and interpret patterns and accurately work with measurements
• Resolving any issues with the make-up of garments
• Ensure finished garments made and to the highest quality
• Working to deadline to ensure the garments are ready on time
• Essential to have previous experience within the couture industry
• Experienced in dresses, tailoring and soft separates and a variety of fabrics and surface design (print, embroidery and embellishment).
• Be willing to work hard to fulfil the companies needs
• Understanding of garment design and construction
• You will also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If this role interests you please click “Apply”.
Alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
If this role interests you, please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Melissa@createrec.co.uk