Senior Designer WW RTW Luxury
3 days a week
Up to £80k
Create have teamed up with an luxury brand who’s founding principles are ease, comfort and versatility. They build their collections around these three pillars combined with an incredible eye for cut and colour. Freedom and female empowerment are evident in every collection and they are looking for a senior designer to work alongside the Creative Director.
Applicant should have a minimum of 10 years experience and currently at Senior
Management level. They should have experience of working at luxury level in all
product areas of women’s RTW. They would have had experience of working
directly with a Creative Director and be able to clearly translate the conceptual
design visions from concept through to fitting prototypes to final samples and have
an excellent understanding construction, as well as possess an overall brand view
to provide creative direction for online, e-comm and marketing campaigns. They
should be prepared to travel and ideally have worked with factories across Europe
and the UK. They should be confident and articulate and possess excellent
communication skills as well as having a commercial eye. They should have a
sound, technical and process understanding of the development process from the
technical understanding of pattern creation through to final sample, covering all
areas such as fabric and trim sourcing and selection, managing the development
critical path in line with seasonal guidelines.
Overall responsibility for the Design seasonal critical path and the hitting of all its
deadlines in accordance with the business needs from a commercial and margin
– Managing the Creative Directors seasonal diary to ensure on time concept/sketch/1st proto/second proto/final range meetings occur on time that key sign off dates are met for all pre and main collections.
– Ultimately responsible for the research and organization of special projects supporting the Creative Director/Digital/Marketing team.
– Supports the Creative Director in managing the shoot for the e-comm. Sets the direction and organization and budgets. Produces first draft post shoot for sign off with Creative Director.
– Kick starts seasonal research ideas for presentation to the Creative Director.
– Travel to visit factories for development purposes at key hand over times and during the sampling process.
– Takes part in seasonal Range Plan reviews
– Liaison with CEO, Merch and Senior PD Manager, at regular points in the development season for feedback and recommended RRP’s and margins.
– Meets seasonally with the Product Developer/s & the Production Team to review factory performance/requirements for sourcing.
– Attends all fit meet meetings during the development process ensures that collection is developed and planned on time to the collection brief.
– Ensures cohesion between all collections.
– Ultimately responsible for the timely delivery of proto samples and for pricing and ensure that the collection is handed over in time for final sign off.
– Ultimately responsible for the department monthly cost reports and seasonal budgets and ensuring they do not go over the allocated figure.
– Touch Points – works closely with the Product Development team, Merch, and Atelier to trouble shoot and ensure each collection moves smoothly from department to department.
– Take clear decisions on behalf on the Creative Director in their absence.
– Attending and overseeing the pre-collection fabric appointments and visit to PV, and any other relevant trade show.
– Responsible for up to date collection boards.
– Work with Product Development team on a priority list based on business requirements and ensure these are delivered to spec and on time.
– Attend ‘styling’ and provide support for the Creative Director.
– Supervise the maintenance of the archive.
– Acts a touch point ecomm/atelier at key points within the season in organising the Creative Directors’ calendar.
Unfortunately, due to high volume of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted on this occasions.
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com.