Senior Sample Machinist Luxury
£20 per hour
We are currently working with an award winning high end designer based in East London, who is looking for experienced seamstress’s.
The ideal candidates will have experience working within a luxury environment, creating garments whilst working closely with the Pattern Cutters and Workroom Manager to ensure the high sampling standards are met.
You will also be creating detailed garments for VIP, RTW and fashion show collections. It is essential that you work with speed and accuracy, as well as being flexible with your hours. This role requires a candidate who is proactive and calm, even when working under pressure.
About the role…
• Experienced in making garments with high end luxury finishing techniques and sewing skills, including hand sewing, lace manipulation, applique, sewing with sequins, crystals and embroideries.
• Working with a variety of fabrics such as silks, chiffons, georgettes, organza, tulle, leather, cotton and wool.
• Ability to read and interpret patterns and accurately work with measurements
• Resolving any issues with the make-up of garments
• Achieve finished garments made and to the highest quality
• Working to deadline to ensure the garments are ready on time
• Essential to have previous experience within the luxury industry
• Experienced in dresses, tailoring and soft separates and a variety of fabrics and surface design (print, embroidery and embellishment).
• Be willing to work hard to fulfil the companies needs
• Understanding of garment design and the construction of corsetry is a necessity
• You will also have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to Millie@createrec.co.uk / Melissa@createrec.co.uk