Menswear Machinist – Luxury
Up to £22 per hour
At Create, we are working with various established brands across London who are looking for Sample Machinists, specialising in menswear and tailoring. These designers produce high quality garments, with an emphasis on great attention to detail. Our clients are looking for experienced and knowledgeable menswear machinists, to support their studio teams on a freelance basis.
- Working closely with the studio team and workroom manager to create samples and collection pieces, using high finishing techniques and skills.
- Collaborate with the pattern cutters to maintain sampling standards, ensuring you are creating well fitting garments.
- Participation in fittings for bespoke garments, including taking measurements and completing alterations.
- Ensure all finished garments are completed to the highest quality and within the time expectations
- Previous experience of at least 3 years of working as a menswear machinist and/or tailor within the industry.
- Experience working with a variety of fabrics across multi product i.e soft separates and tailoring within a fast paced environment.
- Has worked on not only timeless made-to-measure suiting, but also garments with a fashionable edge.
- Strong communication skills are essential, as you’ll be working alongside the existing studio staff to ensure all garments are finished to the expected standards.
- Keep a calm and positive attitude and work hard to fulfill the companies needs.
If this role interests you please click “Apply” alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com